Saturday, June 6, 2009

94th Minute Equaliser Enables Replay with Publishers

Now, forgive me for feeling a little bit excited but I think I have made a breakthrough in the last 24 hours.


My good friend Paul came over last night with his wife Anna and I treated him to the extended feature in the Burton Mail. I mentioned to him that I was thinking about sending the manuscript to the football magazine 4-4-2 in the hope that they would serialise it.


Paul said to me 'You're wasting your time... my boy this is a book for the student market', as he sipped heavily on his ninth Grolsch.


How right he is... I had been thinking this exact same thought for a week or two.


As I waded into the recycling this morning with renewed vigour, I felt ready to have another go at the unforgiving book publishing market but in a slightly different direction. It's time to attack the students of Birmingham, the book's spiritual home. Details of defeats and occasional victories at the stadia in around and around Selly Oak cannot fail to arouse even the most docile Brummie student.


Could the Blues promotion be an omen?


Neil




No comments:

Post a Comment